The Purple Card Policy will be in effect at this event. Please read about the policy on our website and educate your club about the policy. This policy will be in place at all CEVA-hosted events in the 2022-2023 season.
Entry fees are set at $525/team for the 2023 event. Fees are paid on AES as the event approaches and are not paid at the time of registration.
A list of teams who have registered is below. Registering a team for Regionals does not guarantee acceptance. Teams must qualify for Regionals through their PL rankings and other criteria (noted on this page). It is the club's responsibility to ensure all teams are registered by the deadline.
Entry fees must be paid by 3:00 PM on Friday, March 31.
Teams have until 3:00 PM on Friday, March 31 to cancel their registration and receive a full refund. Teams who cancel their registration after that date, for any reason, will receive no refund.
There is no roster freeze in place and players are permitted to participate on both weekends of Regionals.
Criteria to participate in Regionals:
Admission into the tournament for spectators is free (not including parking).
Any items left at the Portland Expo Center will stay there after the tournament and are not collected by CEVA. Please contact the Expo Center if you need to collect a lost item. The Expo Center and CEVA are not responsible for returning these items to you, or costs associated with returning items.
Teams assigned to work a match must provide a rostered adult to serve as the R2, two line judges, and a table crew. An R1 will be provided on all matches. Juniors may not serve as the R2 during this event.
The following policies will be in place at the Portland Expo Center:
- Doors will open at 7:00 AM. There is no reason to stand outside the doors prior to that time.
- No glittery materials, pom-poms, or other items that will leave remnants on the courts or floor. These are very difficult to clean and add extra workload to our staff and the building's custodians.
- "Camping" is not permitted in Halls D or E. Camp space is available in Hall C only. Please do not store bags, etc. against the walls in Hall D or E.
- Ball handling must take place on the courts only.
- No outside food or drink (except water bottles for athletes)
- No outside chairs permitted
- No tailgating in the parking lots
- No overnight parking or camping (if RVs are brought, they may only be on the premises for the day and will be asked to park in a specific area of the property).
The facility does not have free public WiFi available. WiFi access can be purchased during the weekend by visiting the PEC Administration Office upstairs in Hall D. Cost is $10/day - cash transactions preferred.
The CEVA office will be operating on limited hours surrounding Regionals. Our office will be open during the following times:
4/24 & 4/25 - Open 9:00-3:00
5/2 & 5/3 - Open 9:00-12:00
5/10 & 5/11 - Staff available by e-mail
Outside of these times, staff will be at the Expo Center working on setup and other logistics.
Warm-ups for the first two rounds of either wave are 5-4-4. All warm-ups after the first two rounds are 2-4-4. In the AM waves on both Saturday and Sunday mornings, the timed warm-ups will begin no later than 7:40 AM, whether both teams are present or not. Ball handling may only take place on the courts.
Teams will not switch sides between or during sets. All matches are best of 3 (25/25/15) unless explicitly modified by the tournament staff. No pre-match or post-match handshakes or high-fives.