Updated 6/4/2021: CEVA and the Portland Expo Center are pleased to welcome spectators to the CEVA Regional Championships.
Currently, the limitation is three spectators per player. This limitation is subject to change, with or without notice. Clubs are responsible for enforcing this per-player limit.
Masks are to be worn at all times, by all spectators, regardless of vaccination status. This is non-negotiable.
If you are not actively playing or working on a court, please be respectful of the fact that we have capacity limits that we must stay under within the facility. We ask that if you aren’t playing or working, that you move outside so we can continue to allow other people in without fear of exceeding our mandated capacity limits.
PEC staff will monitor the overall capacity of the building and will cut off entry if capacities are met.
Clubs or teams who are found to be violating the spectator limit, or violating safety mandates, may be subject to sanction.
Please be respectful and courteous to all attendees by vacating the building when you’re not playing or working a match, or when your last matches are complete.
This policy is subject to further modification or changes, with or without notice.
Updated 6/4/2021: By entering the facility and attending or participating in this event:
- You acknowledge that despite whatever safety protocols may be in place, there is still a risk of exposure to communicable disease, and you are participating in, or attending, the event on your own accord.
- You acknowledge that CEVA, PEC, Metro, and their agents & assigns, will not be held liable for the risks associated with attending a youth volleyball tournament, including the risk of exposure to communicable disease.
- You understand that you are required to wear a mask at all times, properly over the nose and mouth, and that failure to do so is grounds for immediate ejection from the premises.
- You understand that compliance with health & safety protocol, facility rules, CEVA rules, and staff instructions is required.
- You agree to abide by the USAV/CEVA Parent & Spectator Code of Conduct, the USAV Participant Code of Conduct, and other pertinent policies.
- You agree that your attendance at this private event is a privilege that may be revoked by staff at any time.
Updated 6/9/2021: Admission into the tournament for spectators is free (not including parking). No advanced check-in, wristband purchases, etc. is required.
Updated 6/6/2021: As of now, the following policies will be in place at the Portland Expo Center:
- Courts are labeled as either "E" courts or "D" courts. Enter into the hall (either Hall E or Hall D) where your courts are located.
- No outside food or drink (except water bottles for athletes)
- No outside chairs permitted
- No tailgating in the parking lots
- Food & drink must be consumed in designated areas (in the Connector, in the tent between C and D Halls, or in the outdoor plaza)
- Drinking fountains will be shut down due to statewide regulations. Water bottle filling stations are not available.
Updated 6/6/2021: Rosters must be uploaded into your SportsEngine Governing Season by Thursday, June 10th at 3:00 PM. The CEVA office will be closed beginning Monday, June 7th. Please start building rosters early and contact our office if you need assistance. As of now, we do not anticipate having roster caps in place for this event.
Updated 6/7/2021: Below are the Power League rankings after Power League 3 that teams had to finish at or above to qualify for Regionals. These numbers may change the week of Regionals due to teams dropping out (and may not be adjusted on this page).
12s - must be ranked 17th or higher in Power League
14s - must be ranked 34th or higher in Power League
16s - must be ranked 49th or higher in Power League
18s - must be ranked 33rd or higher in Power League
Teams who have been "Accepted" in AES have qualified for Regionals. Reminder - payment is due June 8th at 3:00 PM. Teams who have been "Waitlisted" in AES are not mathematically in contention for Regionals qualification at this time. See current team status updates on the AES website. Remember that team caps listed on AES were approximations at the time registration opened.
Entry fee is $525.00 per team. Payment is required for participation, but is not required upon registration (teams will have the option to pay upon registration if they wish). Payment must be received no later than June 8th at 3:00 PM in order for your team to participate. Payments will be made online via AES and will carry a nominal surcharge (which is a pass-through cost). Teams who cancel prior to June 8th at 3:00 PM will be entitled to a refund of their entry fees. Any team who cancels after that time/date, for any reason, will not be entitled to a refund of any kind.
Teams who pay and are unable to participate in the tournament due to capacities or cuts will be refunded. Teams who cancel out of the tournament on their own will not receive a refund if the cancellation happens after June 8th at 3:00 PM.
Updated 5/29/2021: Everybody in the building - staff, officials, players, coaches, spectators - will wear a mask at all times, including during active play on the courts. This is not negotiable. It also does not matter if you are partially or fully vaccinated - you will still wear a mask at all times in the facility. Health checks may be conducted at the door. Individuals, teams, or clubs who are not comfortable adhering to the health and safety protocols that will be in place should not attend this event.
Mask requirements will not be waived, and if you are unable to wear a mask appropriately, you will not be permitted in the building. Disregard for health & safety protocols implemented by CEVA or PEC is grounds for immediate removal from the premises.
Implementing safety procedures and protocols does not guarantee any attendee at this event is protected from possible exposure to any communicable disease, including COVID-19. Attendees assume all risks of such exposure and any/all other risks associated with attending a volleyball tournament. It is necessary the safety protocols are complied with. This is a private event and attendance is a revocable privilege.
No matter your opinion on COVID-19, these rules are in place to provide a level of safety and protection for everybody involved, including players, officials, and staff. We don't have the time or energy to deal with disregard for the rules. If you choose to not comply with the rules, you'll simply be asked to leave.
If you are sick, experiencing symptoms, have been exposed to somebody with a communicable disease, or have a pending COVID-19 test, please do not attend this event.
Updated 6/9/2021: Teams assigned to work a match must provide a rostered adult to serve as the R2, two line judges, one scorekeeper, and one person to do the flip score & operate the BallerTV iPad. Libero trackers will not be used at this event. An R1 will be provided on all matches.
Regular USAV scoresheets will be used at this event.
Updated 6/3/2021: A tentative flow chart showing the tournament format has been posted above.
All matches are best 2-of-3 sets. The time-saving measures we put in place during Power League will not be in place at Regionals - this will be much more like regular volleyball. Teams will receive two time-outs per set, there will be no point caps, and set intervals will be the normal length.