CEVA Head Officials play a crucial role in the region's success. Besides officiating matches, CEVA counts on officials to keep tournaments on time, make sure teams meet USA Volleyball playing requirements and answer all sorts of rule questions. It can be a demanding job, but you'll have some fun too! Requirements to be a CEVA Head Official include, but are not limited to:
• Current membership with USA Volleyball, cleared USAV Background Screen, current USAV Safesport certification on file, and completion of a concussion training course (info here)
• Attend an orientation meeting and complete online coursework.
• First year Head Officials must attend on-site training in December/January, at which time they will be observed as an R1 and Scorer (no payment)
If you're interested in joining this group, even if you don't meet every requirement above, contact CEVA Officials' Coordinator Marcia Costley at email@example.com.
CEVA has a growing presence in beach and outdoor volleyball and with that comes a need for certified outdoor officials. If you're interested, please contact Greg Clark - CEVA Beach Officials' Chair - via e-mail.
As an official you will be considered an independent contractor. This is standard practice among officials in all sports and levels. You will be required to sign an independent contractor's agreement (ICA). A sample of this document is below - exact language may change from year-to-year.
- Stay involved and give back to the next generation of players.
- Meet great people - not just your fellow officials, but coaches, players, tournament directors, and staff.
- We'll help you pay for your membership & background screen.
- Earn extra money - officials are paid either per match or per day based on the event and rating. (For a full-day Power League tournament, earn a minimum of $150.)
- You make your own schedule.
- Access to mentors from our cadre, offering you a support system.
- Several online educational modules, as well as on-site training. If you want to advance in this profession, we'll help you reach your goals.